I am so embarrassed to be offline most of the time, mostly because I am stressed by RL. I still read a lot of entries and fics but decline from commenting. Bad, I know, even a small "I enjoyed this," might be better. UGH. So I will try to post at least one rec a day for a month so I can get back to the swing of posting here.
But just in case you missed it
sweetmelodykiss wrote A Dream Within a Dream for me in Snupin Santa. It's sweet and fun and amazing. I talked about it before in my previous post, but I read it again recently and I'm still so very in love with it. It has the right amount of happiness and holidays mixed with angst. Lily just made me cry and the scene where Remus stands next to Severus while watching Dumbledore...
AH. Just. Read it!
And before I forget YET AGAIN, I got Instruction Through Interpretative Dance, a Suikoden II fic from
izkariote. I requested Nanami and Zamza, and it's so funny and them.
--
I've been pondering this for a while now, especially since I've mostly been writing Filipino-based articles and views as opposed to fanfics. As most of you know, I mostly write fics for fandoms that aren't based on my own country. Is it weird for me to feel a bit guilty? I feel like I'm not giving my own country a chance.
--
Speaking of different practices, I want to get to know yours! These questions may sound strange, but I'm genuinely curious. Some of you come from the same culture as me, but we have different practices. Some of you aren't even in the same hemisphere as I am. You don't have to answer them, of course, because ACK I'm so embarrassed in being curious about them.
And okay, maybe it's also an ulterior motive for me. I sometimes read Harry Potter, Supernatural fics, or even the usual Western books and I'm struck because the practices are so different!
Don't laugh, but...
1. What is that thick blanket-like cover on top of a bed? Is that used as a blanket? Do you pull it out before you sleep, or do you also use that as a blanket?
(I feel so embarrassed...I only every use a malong or Baguio blankets so I get confused when I sleep in hotels and end up taking out my own blanket.)
- When I encounter a bed that has a coverlet, it usually means the room has aircon so I use it as a blanket. My mother doesn't, though--she uses it as a cover. Blankets for me are usually malongs.
2. Do you wear your shoes inside the house? Or do you go around using socks, or just your bare feet? Or do you wear rubber slippers?
- Rubber slippers! It's particularly helpful if I don't want to slip in the bathroom. But I do go barefoot sometimes, especially if the weather is warm.
3. What's the difference between a shower and a bath? And do you shampoo everyday?
- There's no difference between a shower and bath here (the local term for it is "ligô"). I think it's mostly because bathtubs can't be found in most houses? We use a huge barel ("baldé") and a scooper ("tábô") to take a bath. If we're lucky, we get showers. *lol* (I don't speak for all houses here though!)
4. In your opinion, what is the usual bedtime for kids below 10 years old? What's the common practice?
- I think kids below 10 should sleep at 8-9pm, but I think they mostly sleep at 10pm now? The reason I asked is because I once looked out for my younger cousins who live in New Zealand and I was telling them to go to sleep by 9, but it turned out their sleeping time is 10pm. Meanwhile, kids in the provinces I go to sleep at 8 or 9pm, but wake up at 4-5am to help with chores. Or if they live in the city, they wake up at around that time because there's only one bathroom, and they have to commute for 1-2 hours to their schools.
5. You will laugh, I know, but what time does the sun rises and sets for you? *BLUSH*
- The sun rises sometime between 5:30am to 6:30am, and will set at around 5:30pm to 6:30pm. Of course, during "winter" (because there's no true winter here), the days are shorter; during summer, the days are longer.
6. What is your usual breakfast? And how often do any of you eat take-out or eat outside your home?
- I eat oatmeal, banana, coffee while at home. But when I go home to my grandfather, they love preparing dried fish and scrambled eggs (is that what you also call them?) and rice. And hot chocolate (using tableya, see below) or coffee. My family loves coffee! Also, I got into a loud argument about this, but my family (who are either Cebuano or Butuanons) also eat samporado for breakfast (the recipe uses powdered cacao, but almost everyone I know uses the tableya). Meanwhile, my Tagalog/Bikolano friends vehemently think samporado can only be eaten for snacks. They also use sticky rice ("malagkit") while we use old cooked rice ("bahaw").
I feel like such an ignorant dork. Um. Feel free to ignore. *SO EMBARRASSED*
ETA: Edited with my answers!
But just in case you missed it
AH. Just. Read it!
And before I forget YET AGAIN, I got Instruction Through Interpretative Dance, a Suikoden II fic from
--
I've been pondering this for a while now, especially since I've mostly been writing Filipino-based articles and views as opposed to fanfics. As most of you know, I mostly write fics for fandoms that aren't based on my own country. Is it weird for me to feel a bit guilty? I feel like I'm not giving my own country a chance.
--
Speaking of different practices, I want to get to know yours! These questions may sound strange, but I'm genuinely curious. Some of you come from the same culture as me, but we have different practices. Some of you aren't even in the same hemisphere as I am. You don't have to answer them, of course, because ACK I'm so embarrassed in being curious about them.
And okay, maybe it's also an ulterior motive for me. I sometimes read Harry Potter, Supernatural fics, or even the usual Western books and I'm struck because the practices are so different!
Don't laugh, but...
1. What is that thick blanket-like cover on top of a bed? Is that used as a blanket? Do you pull it out before you sleep, or do you also use that as a blanket?
(I feel so embarrassed...I only every use a malong or Baguio blankets so I get confused when I sleep in hotels and end up taking out my own blanket.)
- When I encounter a bed that has a coverlet, it usually means the room has aircon so I use it as a blanket. My mother doesn't, though--she uses it as a cover. Blankets for me are usually malongs.
2. Do you wear your shoes inside the house? Or do you go around using socks, or just your bare feet? Or do you wear rubber slippers?
- Rubber slippers! It's particularly helpful if I don't want to slip in the bathroom. But I do go barefoot sometimes, especially if the weather is warm.
3. What's the difference between a shower and a bath? And do you shampoo everyday?
- There's no difference between a shower and bath here (the local term for it is "ligô"). I think it's mostly because bathtubs can't be found in most houses? We use a huge barel ("baldé") and a scooper ("tábô") to take a bath. If we're lucky, we get showers. *lol* (I don't speak for all houses here though!)
4. In your opinion, what is the usual bedtime for kids below 10 years old? What's the common practice?
- I think kids below 10 should sleep at 8-9pm, but I think they mostly sleep at 10pm now? The reason I asked is because I once looked out for my younger cousins who live in New Zealand and I was telling them to go to sleep by 9, but it turned out their sleeping time is 10pm. Meanwhile, kids in the provinces I go to sleep at 8 or 9pm, but wake up at 4-5am to help with chores. Or if they live in the city, they wake up at around that time because there's only one bathroom, and they have to commute for 1-2 hours to their schools.
5. You will laugh, I know, but what time does the sun rises and sets for you? *BLUSH*
- The sun rises sometime between 5:30am to 6:30am, and will set at around 5:30pm to 6:30pm. Of course, during "winter" (because there's no true winter here), the days are shorter; during summer, the days are longer.
6. What is your usual breakfast? And how often do any of you eat take-out or eat outside your home?
- I eat oatmeal, banana, coffee while at home. But when I go home to my grandfather, they love preparing dried fish and scrambled eggs (is that what you also call them?) and rice. And hot chocolate (using tableya, see below) or coffee. My family loves coffee! Also, I got into a loud argument about this, but my family (who are either Cebuano or Butuanons) also eat samporado for breakfast (the recipe uses powdered cacao, but almost everyone I know uses the tableya). Meanwhile, my Tagalog/Bikolano friends vehemently think samporado can only be eaten for snacks. They also use sticky rice ("malagkit") while we use old cooked rice ("bahaw").
I feel like such an ignorant dork. Um. Feel free to ignore. *SO EMBARRASSED*
ETA: Edited with my answers!
(no subject)
Date: 2010-01-11 04:58 pm (UTC)Here are my answers:
1. What is that thick blanket-like cover on top of a bed? Is that used as a blanket? Do you pull it out before you sleep, or do you also use that as a blanket?
Comforter or duvet.
Some are supposed to be decorative, but I always keep them on because I get cold very easily. Even in the summer the air/con is kept on and I find it really cold.
2. Do you wear your shoes inside the house? Or do you go around using socks, or just your bare feet? Or do you wear rubber slippers?
I go around barefoot. Sometimes in the summer or if we have parties we don't mind if people wear shoes. But we have hardwood floors and only a few area rugs, so we don't care. Others who have carpeting are much more picky about shoes being worn. This winter has been really cold and I've been thinking about getting fuzzy slippers. I do have a pair of flip-flops I wear if I have to go to the basement for laundry.
3. What's the difference between a shower and a bath? And do you shampoo everyday?
I prefer showers. My DH prefers soaking in a bath. Although, I just bought myself some really nice bath salts that I'm going to start using.
I shampoo my hair every 2-3 days. I shower 1-2 times a day - the 2nd time is only because I'm freezing and I want to warm myself up right before bedtime (for example, this week it's been -14 to -20 +windchill which can make it feel like -30, so it's been very very cold, even with the heat on).
4. In your opinion, what is the usual bedtime for kids below 10 years old? What's the common practice?
No clue - I don't have kids. I vaguely remember something about 9pm from when I was a kid, but don't quote me on that.
5. You will laugh, I know, but what time does the sun rises and sets for you? *BLUSH*
This website has detailed information for sunset/sunrise. (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=250&month=12&year=2009&obj=sun&afl=-11&day=1)
In Toronto, the average in the middle of winter seems to be 7-8 am for sunrise, and 4:30-5:30 pm for the sunset. In the summer sunset is 5:30-6:30 am and sunrise 8:00-9:00 pm. Because of this, people who work in an office (especially a cubicle farm) from 9-5 typically don't see the sun all winter. It gets really depressing, and there's a lot of people here affected by SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). By March we're all really ready for winter to be done.
6. What is your usual breakfast? And how often do any of you eat take-out or eat outside your home?
For me, I need protein first thing in the morning, so I'll have eggs, usually soft-boiled, but on weekends I'll sometimes indulge and have fried eggs/omelette. Some days I might have cereal or oatmeal. On special occasions we'll make waffles, crepes or pancakes. Other times all I have a chance for is a quick cup of tea (I don't drink coffee) and I might grab a bagel or muffin at a coffee shop.
My DH and I don't get take-out often, but I do eat out for lunch when I'm out (I work from home, but all that means is I don't have an office, so I usually have either lunch or coffee meetings). I also meet friends for dinner 1-2 times a week (some weeks 0, but it can go up to 3-4 times). We don't order take-out more than once a month, usually either pizza or from the Indian restaurant near us.
Now, where are you answers???
(no subject)
Date: 2010-01-12 05:35 pm (UTC)1. YES, comforter! I knew there was another term we used for it. A friend of mine lived in Canada (Winnipeg) and told me it can get very cold in some parts, so I can understand using it as a blanket. My mother is horrified every time we use it as a blanket, but it's just so comfortable when it's around!
2. The flip-flops you wear is because the floor of your laundry is cold? I love the feel of hardwood under my feet! I haven't encountered rugs as much, so I can imagine that it helps keep the room warm? I probably understand being finicky over wearing shoes with the carpeting--they're probably hard to clean?
3. -14 to -20?! That's so cold! I probably wouldn't shower for days if that's the temperature! I'm guessing having hot water in your bathroom is mandatory. :D
Soaking in a tub sounds heavenly, especially if I hear about special soaps or other stuff for it. What do bath salts do...?
4. *lol* I used to go to sleep at 9pm, then at around 5th grade, I begged my mother to make it 10pm so I can watch X-Files or other local primetime shows. I guess the 9pm bedtime might be common in many areas.
5. It took me a long time to wrap my head around the concept of DST. That sounds harsh--I hope you're not as affected by SAD. I've read some articles about it and realized I'm very lucky--I'd probably have a hard time getting used to those conditions, coming from where I am. I google'd SAD and was surprised it may lead to having bipolar disorder.
March is when spring starts, right?
6. Mmm, waffles and crepes! We have pancakes sometimes, but it's such an indulgence that we only have it on special occasion. Egg is the best, though! I sometimes eat it with my oatmeal or by itself, or oftentimes with rice. I feel fuller when I eat it, and it gives me more energy (although during weekends, I usually go back to bed after breakfast :P). Do you like cooking? Or do you and your DH trade cooking times?
(no subject)
Date: 2010-01-13 02:45 am (UTC)Also, I'm very confused by the bath thing, and it's a fascinating difference! We have a bathtub, that also has a shower in it. So you can do either. Usually you turn on the tap for the bathtub, and then flip a switch so that the shower starts. Some houses have separate showers and bathtubs.
What does yours look like? Can you link me to pics? (my google-fu failed me).
The bath salts help relax - some are scented (aromatherapy) to help encourage relaxation. Others to help with dry skin (which in the wintertime is very prevelant). I think most bath salts contain epsom salts which are supposed to help with skin. Others use bubble bath which is fun to play with.
Here, we usually only really have two seasons - winter and patio ;)
Spring starts around April/May, depending on the year. March is still winter coat weather. It's nice here April to September (sometimes October). This year, November was unseasonably warm.
I wear slippers in the basement, because it's concrete floors, so it feels cool even in the summer. What are rubber slippers? Do they have fabric on the top part, or are they rubber all through?
How cold does it get where you're at? (Philippines, right?)
(no subject)
Date: 2010-01-13 06:20 pm (UTC)My grandfather's house has bathrooms like the way you described it, but I don't think anyone uses it now. But usual houses (including ours) normally only has a faucet, a toilet, and a sink (if you're lucky, it might include a showerhead). Here's a picture of our bathroom (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/osmalic/privatepics/PIC-0563.jpg) (there's a sink and mirror at the left that's not in the picture. Also, eek, the paints are peeling!), and here's (http://www.islandsproperties.com/properties/houseandlots/negor-dum-rh-6973/images/12.jpg) another one I found from a house being sold in one of the other islands. (The second picture is already luxurious as it has a detachable showerhead and also has hot and cold water.)
Bathing there sounds so luxurious, especially if the water's hot and it's cold outside! I've never used bath salts, and it must really help especially during the dry season. Do you still use them during the summer or do you switch to different brands?
(I confess, I had to google the term "winter and patio" just to make sure that it means the way I understood it. *embarrassed* We have no patio!)
Rubber slippers (http://hisnameisdencios.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/snc00221.jpg) is made of rubber all over. People use it in the house and also for going out (restaurants that have a "no slippers, no entry" policy receives a lot of criticisms). I use it around the house, but I also use the same kind of slippers with stronger hold (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_C9NZT8zL-Vg/RgZJB6bmAII/AAAAAAAAACE/lVtEn0yILUE/s1600-h/DSCN2233.JPG) for hiking/going to the beach/climbing because using only the normal one chafes the top of my feet when I use them for long periods of time. (I have a intensive slipper obsession. I can count the times this year I've worn shoes with one hand--okay, probably two.)
It averages from 23-26C during the rainy season, but I remember that it hit 19C one night last year which I hated. I get cold easily, and going below 27C is horrible for me. However, many people here would rather have the 23-26C temp. *lol* It's kind of awkward in the school/office because I tend to wear big jackets that cover my palms and go down to my knees, while everyone else is wearing sleeveless shirts and short pants. (I work in a university, so clothes like that are normal.) I always get laughed at but in the end, I'm toasty and warm so I win! XD
(no subject)
Date: 2010-01-11 08:29 pm (UTC)My answers to your questions are:
1. I call it a 'bedspread' if the covering is used in the summer and is lighter in weight. In the winter we use something heavier, the more 'poufy' kind and call it a comforter.
2. My mother is Japanese, so I was raised not wearing shoes in the house. We have our guests take them off too if they are staying a while. I wear socks in the house unless my feet get cold then I wear slippers too :)
3. A bath is filling a bathtub with water and either soaking in it to relax or to wash. I stopped taking baths when I was probably in junior high school, lol. I only take showers now. I love standing under a shower head and letting the very warm water run over me ^_^ I only shampoo my hair every other day because my hair dries out to much even though I condition every time I wash it. I used to have to wash my hair every day when I was younger.
4. We don't have kids, but I'm guessing their bedtime is around 8-9:00pm depending on the parents and how well behaved the kids have been that day, lol. If I remember correctly when I was a kid we were usually allowed to stay up about an hour later on Friday and Saturday nights.
5. Here in California at this latitude, in the winter (for example today), the sun rises at around 7:21am and sets at around 5:09pm. In the summer it rises about 5:00am and sets around 8-8:30pm but it stays light until almost 9:00pm
6) I just had breakfast, lol ^_^ I had a bowl of cereal with a cup of fresh blueberries and non-fat milk. Also 8oz of tomato juice. So that means I've already had two servings of the five fruit and veggies that I need today, yay! As to eating out, we used to eat out lunch and dinner on the weekends, but lately because of the state of the economy we need to save money and we probably only eat out lunch once a weekend. That's a big difference for me since I love to eat out. Take is usually pizza night, when our favorite hockey team is playing on TV. But hubby has started to make pizza at home, he likes to cook :)
Now I'd like to see your answers ^_^
(no subject)
Date: 2010-01-12 05:48 pm (UTC)I think there's a lot of differences between American English and British English, enough to highlight differences in culture. *lol* I love how fandom brings people around the world to dabble in!
1. Ahh, I never realized there's a difference between a bedspread and a comforter! XD Thanks!
2. I always hated cold feet and loved slipper so much that I even wore them to bed once. *embarrassed* But my sister was always getting scolded by my mother to wear slippers even inside the house because she loved going barefoot! Do you have a place by the door to put shoes in for you/your guests?
3. Hot water for showers are heavenly! I hardly get them--besides the fact that showers are luxuries in most places I go, having hot water is even moreso. Baths are even rarer!
Not shampooing everyday makes a lot of sense. I once had really, REALLY dry hair so I only used conditioner and it improve immensely! Why did you wash your hair everyday when you were younger? Is it because it was longer? (oh, feel free not to answer!)
4. LOL, so I guess that any earlier means the kid has been naughty?
5. Stays light until 9pm?! Wow! But you still go on our daily routine, like sending children off to bed at 9pm (if they're behaving well *lol*) even though it's still light outside? (ahh, my questions sound weird, let me know if it doesn't make sense?)
6. Hmm...maybe I should try that breakfast. I'll have to look for an alternative to blueberries, but it sounds so delicious! I've never had tomato juice, I should try it! (is it any good?)
I love that you have pizza night! But I guess you can now have pizza the exact way you want it, now that your husband makes pizza at home? Eating out is also a luxury for us, so I understand!
(no subject)
Date: 2010-01-12 11:39 pm (UTC)2. Have you tried wearing thick socks to bed? I've worn them a few times, but usually I'm warm enough I don't need socks :)
3. I have thick hair and yes it was longer. But also when a person is younger their scalp produces more oil, as you grow older less, so that a person's hair gets lots drier. I would much rather have a tendency for hair to be oily because it is shiny and looks healthy if washed often :)
4. Not necessarily naughty, lol. Depends on how strict a parent is.
5. Well the sun goes down before 9:00pm but it the glow in the sky hangs around a lot longer than it does in the winter. It's really weird having it light out for so long I don't really like it that much.
6. There's all kinds of fruit you can put on your cereal. In the summer I slice up peaches, nectarines, apricots whatever is in season. In the spring I use blueberries, and other berries, but I prefer blueberries because they last longer in the frig. In the winter it's not as easy to get fruit so I use dried cranberries, raisins are also good.
As for tomato juice there are different brands, you have to find the one you like. Try to find one with low salt because tomato juice can be very salty. We use 'V8 low sodium' which is mixture of vegetables. We also drink Campbell's Tomato Juice. We buy them in large plastic 2 quart bottles since we drink so much.
(no subject)
Date: 2010-01-13 06:45 pm (UTC)I really can't imagine the sun not being out but with the sky still glowing. It sounds fascinating, though! XD (My brain is telling me scientific facts about light from the sun and how it affects certain hemisphere, but it's still theoretical to me! :P) But I suppose it loses its prettiness after a while.
I commented to
Oh, I think local shops sell Campbell's Tomato Juice! I'll have to try one soon! I eat a lot of sweet stuff so a little salt for breakfast certainly won't hurt.
(no subject)
Date: 2010-01-13 08:01 pm (UTC)Yeah, the berries are a more expensive fruit but I like to spoil myself :)
I love mangoes! Are the carabao mangoes the ones that are smaller but have the golden skin? Or the larger ones that start out green and reddish skinned. I love the smaller ones with the gold skin, I make them into smoothies with yogurt, honey and a juice like pineapple or apple :)
(no subject)
Date: 2010-01-11 11:15 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2010-01-12 06:04 pm (UTC)(except for the local Zorro, and I gave up because of historical inaccuracies that I realized I couldn't let go of--it's my fault, not theirs--and because I had a feeling that the girl I liked won't end up as Zorro's leading lady. Ack, I know, even my friends were all YOU'RE PETTY at me, but I caaaaaaan't! My heart will break! And because of that, I couldn't write fanfic too!)
Because of what I choose to watch, then, becomes a part of my identity, and somehow ties up with how I view my national identity as well (and also my ethnolinguistic group, I guess--but that's a different issue). I know hobbies have almost nothing to do with my culture, but I still feel like I should know more about them because it's readily available to me, in a language I an understand and in a culture I'm very familiar with--why not grab the chance now to relate, and probably develop an interest? And yet, I still refuse to take it.
(I know, it sounds irrational of me to be frustrated of myself. Honestly, I don't even expect this of others, just myself.)
(no subject)
Date: 2010-01-13 12:09 am (UTC)Anyway, an awareness of the issue either means that you go for broke and "fix" it (if it can even be counted as something that you need to fix), or you just accept it?
(no subject)
Date: 2010-01-13 06:27 pm (UTC)Recently, I've been making a conscious effort to try to get into the local tv shows, and I've seen enough of some of them that I can form some decent comments, although not a lot. I'm still not content, though, so I've resolved to download some torrents or rent some dvds. If anything, I'm hoping to try harder this year! *RESOLVES*
(no subject)
Date: 2010-01-14 12:56 am (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2010-01-12 01:02 am (UTC)For reference, I live in the U.S.
1. When I was growing up it was a "bedspread," but I think "comforter" is more common. There are some that are designed to be removed before sleeping, but I never bothered with those. I prefer fluffy, comfortable things I can sleep under. :)
2. I used to be most comfortable with shoes on, so wore them in the house. In the last couple of years I've started wearing socks and/or slippers around the apartment, though. I've known some people who didn't allow anyone to wear shoes inside their homes at all. I think this one's highly variable.
3. I shampoo every day because I tend toward Snape hair if I don't. :P
4. I don't have kids, so I'm really not sure. When I was growing up, I seem to recall that mine was later than most other kids', and that we ate dinner later than most other people too. It seems like a lot of people in the U.S. have dinner around 6:00, but we always had it closer to 8:00. I'm under the impression that 8:00 is pretty common throughout a lot of Europe, though. (Yeah, that went off topic, but maybe it's useful?)
5. I think
6. Breakfast is another thing that's highly variable from person to person. I usually do something like a bagel or oatmeal. Something easy and quick. Lately I really haven't been eating takeout at all, but I go through periods when I eat out a lot. Something my roommates from European countries have told me is that a huge difference in the U.S. is the large amount of different types of food you can buy at the grocery store that's pre-prepared or pre-cooked or ready-to-cook. (Also went off topic on that one...)
Like she said -- where are your answers?? :D
(no subject)
Date: 2010-01-12 06:27 pm (UTC)1. I went through the answers and it does seem "comforter" is commonly used. Like I said, we use the term "coverlet", but I'm going to ask other local people if they also use this term. And AH fluffy! I can relate, I love being snug and warm.
2. XD In many households here, you have to leave the shoes outside the door or by the doorway, but we don't. I wear sandals and flip-flops all the time now--hardly any shoes--so I'm less comfortable with them and feel like they're formal. I always take them off once I get in the house!
3. I would give a lot to have Snape's greasy hair! It's normally dry and it took me years to realize that shampooing everyday contributed to it! (on second thought, if it's that greasy... *lol*)
4. I never knew that! Our household was different, too--both my parents work and don't arrive home until 8pm, which is when we eat, but apparently it was common for most households here to eat at 6pm. Do you have DST? I guess that also affects your eating schedule?
5. XD I browsed through it as soon as
6. My family only eats hearty breakfast during weekends, when there's actual egg and ham! I should think about eating bagels for breakfast, I've never tried them! If you hardly eat takeout, do you cook?
And no worries about going off-topic, it's fascinating! We don't have ready-to-cook food (or if there are, my household doesn't buy them). That would probably so easy! I'm guessing a lot of people usually opt for these? I would buy one, but I guess they'll still cost more here than buying from the wet market every week!