When I was still watching CSI in our malaria-infested dormitory in the middle of the night with special permission from the dorm manager, my friends had a conversation on who they want to get together in the show. And of course, poor me was stuck wanting to yell, "Did anyone see the awesome flirting Nick and Greg had? How Nick kept leaning on him?! Come on, people, you're usually better than this!" But I knew no one would believe me.
Yet now, I finally got around looking for Nick/Greg and coming out. Why yes, I do like cop-turned-CSI Nick being lovestruck by labrat-turned-CSI Greg.
Most fics come from the Nick/Greg rec community
exclusivevegas, and some other recs I got somewhere.
Battlefield (11 parts) by
clarrisani. Nick/Greg, Grissom/Sara, Warrick/Tina, NC17; Greg's now CSI 1.
With a serial killer on the loose and Greg’s job on the line, Nick finds himself caught up on several battlefields – professional, personal, external and internal...
Stop Whispering by geekwriter. Nick/Greg, R; after Grave Danger
Jillian Stokes thinks it's a good idea to retrieve a few things from Nick's townhouse. Takes place after "Grave Danger."
Pure Luck by steph (
iamtheenemy). Nick/Greg, pre-Warrick/Sara, PG-13; after Grave Danger
Coda to Grave Danger, told from Warrick's point of view. Warrick feared he’d let loose all the things that went through his mind today. How much he respected Nick. How he loved him like a brother. How it should have been Warrick in that box. How jacked up this whole situation was.
Game Day by steph (
iamtheenemy). Nick/Greg, R, NC17
A voice in [Greg's] head asked him why he insisted on settinghimself up for disappointment by nursing hopeless crushes on gorgeous,unattainable, straight men.-Football, beer and a woefully oblivious Greg.
Three Ways They Didn't Find Out by steph (
iamtheenemy). Nick/Greg, everyone else, PG; spoilers for Playing with Fire, Who Shot Sherlock, and Mea Culpa
Three ways the other CSIs didn't find out about Nick and Greg.
Call and Response (How a Man Gets to Feel This Way Remix) by
inksheddings. Greg/Nick, PG, remix of this drabble.
There's a story in every song, but they only come alive in the heart of the listener.
Turtlenecks for All Occasions by
clockstopper. Nick/Greg, NC17, R; Greg's still a lab tech.
There's more, so much more, but I'm stopping because I need to sleep. UGH.
***
So here's my CSI story. My family hardly watches TV anymore because we're too busy with our own lives, plus we're old enough to discover that we have different tastes in shows, even if some genres might overlap. So, in order for us to stop arguing over the remote all the time, and still spend some time with each other without one of us stalking off in a huff, we pick one or two (or three) TV shows a week where we all sit down and watch--with popcorn, Coke and all.
Which is how we started watching CSI, CSI:NY, CSI:Miami and House, M.D.
It was kind of funny. We like all the shows, and we even ordered pizza during that Q. Tarantino CSI episode Grave Danger (which we polished off in 15 minutes because we were so scared). And we all set our schedule around the first ep of House, M.D. second season. We still watch CSI:NY. But when it comes to CSI:Miami, we spend every episode bitching about Horatio, his new wife, Calleigh, and how we hate this show, and why are we wasting good popcorn just to watch this shit, let's not watch next time. And then, when next week rolls by, we pop corn, sit in front of the TV, and bitch all over again.
Ah, familiarity. How I love thee.
***
And
kakyou024, I swear to you, the next post will really be
tagay, I swear to you.
Yet now, I finally got around looking for Nick/Greg and coming out. Why yes, I do like cop-turned-CSI Nick being lovestruck by labrat-turned-CSI Greg.
Most fics come from the Nick/Greg rec community
Battlefield (11 parts) by
With a serial killer on the loose and Greg’s job on the line, Nick finds himself caught up on several battlefields – professional, personal, external and internal...
Amazing story that has me believing in them. The timeline that the story takes place is believable, and I love genius!Greg being egged on my Ecklie because everyone wants him! The murder case also had me hooked. Warrick and Nick had very good interactions, and Grissom is so matter-of-fact, but also seekritly caring. Each of the characters were spot on, it felt like I was watching the show itself.
Stop Whispering by geekwriter. Nick/Greg, R; after Grave Danger
Jillian Stokes thinks it's a good idea to retrieve a few things from Nick's townhouse. Takes place after "Grave Danger."
It's a quiet piece in the point of view of Nick's mother right after the two-parter. How she meets Greg and her reaction to that. I love this piece simply because it's written by another person who's not with the CSI. Her voice is distinct and clear, and how she later on views Greg makes the piece nice and sweet without being too harsh. It's a nice tone to set right after that heart-breaking episode.
Pure Luck by steph (
Coda to Grave Danger, told from Warrick's point of view. Warrick feared he’d let loose all the things that went through his mind today. How much he respected Nick. How he loved him like a brother. How it should have been Warrick in that box. How jacked up this whole situation was.
And another one, this time in Warren's point of view that's so heartbreaking and beautiful. I didn't even look so much into the Nick/Greg as much as how Warren was feeling during the entire time, the emotional rollercoaster he must have felt. And you know this was happening during the show, just that the director (may you be blessed, Q. Tarantino) didn't dwell on it.
Game Day by steph (
A voice in [Greg's] head asked him why he insisted on settinghimself up for disappointment by nursing hopeless crushes on gorgeous,unattainable, straight men.-Football, beer and a woefully oblivious Greg.
Of course, everyone wants the "how they got together" fic. This, my friends, is the one. Because only Greg would read and study and analyze football just to get into Nick's pants.
Three Ways They Didn't Find Out by steph (
Three ways the other CSIs didn't find out about Nick and Greg.
All three are amazing, and takes the reader to different emotional levels. The first had my heart wrenching at how parental Grissom and Catherine can be during the explosion. The second one was hilariously done, and I can really see that happening if ever Nick and Greg get together. And the third...oh, how I love Sara here. (You can all tell how much I love this author's writing, right?)
Call and Response (How a Man Gets to Feel This Way Remix) by
There's a story in every song, but they only come alive in the heart of the listener.
Because, deep down, Greg really is a softy. And the way to your lover's heart is through his choice of music. I adore the way the writer makes the connections, tracing each song to Greg's understanding, which is so in-character. The strength of music and sound was highlighted, but not forced, which makes it a great reading. I felt like singing along as well.
Turtlenecks for All Occasions by
There were some inconsistencies with the writing; it starts of with a first POV but sometimes the author seems to forget she did this. Typographic errors too. But the characterization made me laugh. I love that Nick walks into the break room and gets interrogated about his turtlenecks by all the lab rats including Greg. Archie's little trivia made me laugh, Hodges is perfect. I give you this:
“Oh my god! How could we not have figured this out!” Jacqui practically yells. Archie looks dumbfounded and Bobby seems to be smiling somewhat.
“Oh please, how could you have not. The flirtatious banter, the fact that they have to be so close to each other. The fact that Nick actually puts up with his arrogant overtures and elaborate explanations.” Hodges says. Greg glares at him.
Hodges > Greg = PWND.
There's more, so much more, but I'm stopping because I need to sleep. UGH.
***
So here's my CSI story. My family hardly watches TV anymore because we're too busy with our own lives, plus we're old enough to discover that we have different tastes in shows, even if some genres might overlap. So, in order for us to stop arguing over the remote all the time, and still spend some time with each other without one of us stalking off in a huff, we pick one or two (or three) TV shows a week where we all sit down and watch--with popcorn, Coke and all.
Which is how we started watching CSI, CSI:NY, CSI:Miami and House, M.D.
It was kind of funny. We like all the shows, and we even ordered pizza during that Q. Tarantino CSI episode Grave Danger (which we polished off in 15 minutes because we were so scared). And we all set our schedule around the first ep of House, M.D. second season. We still watch CSI:NY. But when it comes to CSI:Miami, we spend every episode bitching about Horatio, his new wife, Calleigh, and how we hate this show, and why are we wasting good popcorn just to watch this shit, let's not watch next time. And then, when next week rolls by, we pop corn, sit in front of the TV, and bitch all over again.
Ah, familiarity. How I love thee.
***
And
(no subject)
Date: 2007-07-17 06:36 am (UTC)......
....man...it's okay.....bahala ka kung kelan mo gusto at kung gusto mo nga...you dont have to promise.........o___o;;; lolz
(no subject)
Date: 2007-07-18 03:33 am (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2007-07-19 05:06 pm (UTC)